lunes, 15 de junio de 2009

"The Athena's School"


The Athena’s School was painted by Rafael Sanzio since 1510 to 1511. This Painting was made in a Vatican room to decorate it with “Frescos”. In the Painting we can see the most important philosophers of the old Greece, and in the middle “Platon” pointing his finger to the sky, to a higher “ente” that has the answers; and near Platon is “Aristoteles” pointing to the earth like saying: “No, here are the answers”. I’ve seen this painting a lot of times in my life, but when I began a “Humanist”, I could appreciate the real significance of the painting. Actually I don’t know if it has a specific meaning given by Rafael, but I can figure that after seen the level of thinking, ideas generation and main abstraction that this philosophers developed was so amazing and so important for the humanity, that they deserve be compiled and reminded in a painting forever. I like this painting not because is the more beauty, there are other nowadays paintings more interesting in the beauty’s point, neither for be the most creative. Indeed has a historical mistake: the painting represents Greece, and all the Philosophers were from Greece, but we can appreciate in the building structure the use of “mid point arch” that weren’t use by Greeks, but by the Romans. Anyway, the point is that I like for the feeling, that I think Rafael shared, of look that painting and imagine myself talking, sharing, living, the greatest minds of the old Greece, the minds that sowed the biggest ideas in knowledge.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario